Head lice are parasites that can be found in people’s scalps. Contact with infected persons – wearing infested clothing, hats, scarves, coats, hair ribbons – using infested brushes, combs, or towels, lying on a bed, couch, pillow, or carpet that has been in contact with someone who has it.
- They like to lay their eggs behind ears, or around the neck
- Head lice hold onto the hair with hook like claws that are found at the end of each of their legs
- What are the symptoms?
- Feeling of something moving in the hair
- itching (caused by allergic reaction their bites)
- Head lice can be diagnosed by looking closely through the hair for nits, nymph or adults
- There are usually only a few adults so looking for eggs works best
- Lice Med pharmacy treatment, wash all bedding and clothing, after one week another treatment needed